How to Report A Loss
The period following a loss can be difficult and at Sea Insure we are with you every step of the way. We want to make the claims process smooth, hassle-free, and ultimately get you back on the water as soon as possible. With this in mind, here are a few simple steps to get the process started.
Option 1: Call Us 800-973 3941 (Refer to Client Code 2522)
Option 2: Email the required information above to email@example.com (Refer to Client Code 2522)
And remember to:
- Take pictures of the damage.
- Note where loss occurred.
- Note where your watercraft will be (marina, repair facility, etc.) with address and contact phone number.
- Notify the authorities in the event of theft, vandalism, collision, or bodily injury.
- Permit survey of vessel prior to repair. Do not begin repair work until after you have reported the claim and a surveyor has been out to inspect the damage.
- If another boat is involved in the accident, get the claimants name, address, phone number, and boat description.
- Assume no obligation, admit no liability or incur any expense for which we are or may become liable without our permission except expenses incurred to protect the property from further loss.