Sea Tow’s top award, 2014 Franchise of the Year, which recognizes outstanding service and performance by an individual Sea Tow location, went to Sea Tow New Orleans (Louisiana), owned by Captain Christian Orfanello.
Two Sea Tow location owners tied for the 2014 Rookie of the Year Award, which recognizes exceptional service by a new Sea Tow franchise owner. Captain Jerry Caton of Sea Tow Georgetown (South Carolina) and Capt. Joe Thomas of Sea Tow Mid Hudson (New York) shared this year’s honors.
The 2014 Georgia Frohnhoefer Award, which honors the female member of the Sea Tow network who made the biggest contribution during the past year, went to Cheryl Powers, co-owner of Sea Tow Key Largo (Florida).
Captains Rick and Nancy Ellett, co-owners of Sea Tow Smith Mountain Lake (Virginia), won the first-ever Sea Tow Foundation Hero Award. This award, which comes with a $100 gift certificate from Built for Boating, recognizes Sea Tow owners or team members for promoting safe boating practices in their local area.
Captain Peter Martin, chief of the U.S. Coast Guard Office of Search and Rescue, joined Sea Tow Founder & CEO Capt. Joe Frohnhoefer and Chief Operating Officer Capt. Joseph Frohnhoefer III in presenting the awards For Life Saving Efforts, which recognize members of the Sea Tow network who, while on duty during the past year, have rescued or attempted to rescue any person from drowning, shipwreck or accident in the maritime domain. This year’s recipients, whose collective efforts helped to save the lives of six boaters and divers, included:
- Captain Tim Andrews of Sea Tow Central Hudson (New York)
- Captain Ernie Croft of Sea Tow Clearwater Port Richey (Florida)
- Captain Steve Powers of Sea Tow Key Largo (Florida)
Captain Martin, Captain Joe Frohnhoefer and Captain Joseph Frohnhoefer also presented nine awards “For Efforts Above and Beyond” the call of duty to members of the Sea Tow network whom, while on or off-duty during the past year, participated in an operational event or incident that brings great credit to the Sea Tow franchise and network.
The 2014 “For Efforts Above and Beyond” honorees included:
- Captain Michael Murphy of Sea Tow Boston (Massachusetts)
- Captain Kerry Kline of Sea Tow Central Florida Lakes (Florida)
- Captain Cody and Dana Catapano of Sea Tow Crystal Coast (North Carolina)
- Captain Cody Catapano, Captain Stewart Jones and Captain Corbett Johnson of Sea Tow Crystal Coast (North Carolina)
- Captain Bill Barker and Captain Garrett Moore of Sea Tow Eastern Long Island (New York)
- Dispatcher Jimmy Cook, Jr. of Sea Tow Fort Myers (Florida)
- Captain Stephen Adams of Sea Tow Islamorada (Florida)
- Captain Gary Myette of Sea Tow South Shore (Massachusetts)
- Captain Alan Wentworth of Sea Tow Virgin Islands
“We heartily congratulate this year’s award winners, all of whom exemplify Sea Tow’s core values,” said Captain Joe Frohnhoefer. “We also want to acknowledge all the other members of our Sea Tow network who provide excellent service to our Sea Tow members and other boaters in their areas every single day of the year.”