Each Sea Tow Foundation Life Jacket Loaner Stand is stocked with life jackets that boaters may borrow for free to replace missing or damaged life jackets or use for extra guests onboard their boats. The life jackets are available in a variety of sizes, including infant, child and adult sizes. The U.S. Coast Guard requires all children under 13 years of age to wear a life jacket at all times when a boat is underway.
“At Brewer Yacht Yards, we are most happy to work with the Sea Tow Foundation’s Life Jacket Loaner program,” said company President Rives Potts. “We believe that responsible and safe boating will lead to fun boating and we hope that everyone will enjoy a wonderful and safe summer out on the water.”
The 20 new Sea Tow Foundation Life Jacket Loaner stands are located at the following Brewer Yacht Yard locations in association with the local Sea Tow franchise listed beside it. Locations with more than one Loaner Stand are shown with the number in parentheses behind the location’s name.
- Brewer Deep River Marina in Deep River, CT, with Sea Tow Central Connecticut
- Brewer Bruce & Johnson's Marina in Branford, CT, with Sea Tow Central Connecticut
- Brewer Dauntless Shipyard & Marina in Essex, CT (2), with Sea Tow Central Connecticut
- Brewer Pilots Point Marina in Westbrook, CT (2), with Sea Tow Central Connecticut
- Brewer Ferry Point Marina in Old Saybrook, CT, with Sea Tow Central Connecticut
- Brewer Yacht Haven Marina in Stamford, CT, with Sea Tow Southern Connecticut
- Brewer Stratford Marina in Stratford, CT, with Sea Tow Southern Connecticut
- Brewer Fiddler's Cove Marina in North Falmouth, MA, with Sea Tow Cape & Islands
- Brewer Plymouth Marine in Plymouth, MA, with Sea Tow South Shore
- Brewer Hawthorne Cove Marina in Salem, MA, with Sea Tow Boston
- Brewer Sakonnet Marina in Portsmouth, RI (2), with Sea Tow Rhode Island
- Brewer Cove Haven Marina in Barrington, RI, with Sea Tow Rhode Island
- Brewer Yacht Yard at Cowesett in Warwick, RI, with Sea Tow Rhode Island
- Brewer Wickford Cove Marina in Wickford, RI, with Sea Tow Rhode Island
- Brewer Stirling Harbor Marina in Greenport, NY, with Sea Tow Eastern Long Island
- Brewer Post Road Boat Yard in Mamaroneck, NY with Sea Tow Western Long Island Sound
- Brewer Capri Marina in Port Washington, NY with Sea Tow Western Long Island Sound
Since 2008, the non-profit Sea Tow Foundation has distributed nearly 22,000 life jackets to boaters across the country. The life jackets have been purchased through grant funding from the Sport Fish Restoration and Boating Trust Fund, as administered by the U.S. Coast Guard, as well as through individual and corporate donations. The life jackets are distributed to local Sea Tow Captains, boating agencies and other non-profit organizations, who make them available to boaters free of charge at more than 200 Life Jacket Loaner Stands throughout the country.
“All boaters should ensure that they have enough life jackets for everyone onboard and that the life jackets fit properly before heading out on the water,” said Gail Kulp, Executive Director of the Sea Tow Foundation. “Boaters can borrow the life jackets at no cost and we only ask that they be returned at the end of the day so that they are available for others to use.”
To view full press release, click here.