So, you’ve been the king on the water for the last couple of summers, but what are you going to do this year that has your friends and family saying: Wow, that was the best day ever! How did you do it?
Don’t worry; we’ve got your back, not just for some great ideas, but if you need help on the water, too. So, let’s dive right in. Here are some ideas for the whole family when out on the water:
- Catch’em Up. Fish, crabs, and clams are out there and the floppy, pinching, yummy treats provide some great entertainment, too. Pack a few fishing poles and involve your kids. You can spend the whole day visiting different spots or just break up the day by dropping an anchor at a new spot to see what you will catch. If you’re not interested in casting fishing lines, then go crabbing or hunt for clams in the sand.
- Explore A Waterfront Landmark. You may boat near historic landmarks or waterfronts. If you’re close, plan a day trip by boat to a nearby attraction. Not only will you be exploring new locations, but also incorporating an educational component for the kids. Be sure to take your camera and share pictures on social media with the landmarks in the background.
- Plan A Scavenger Hunt. Make a scavenger hunt for the kids or the whole group by planning to stop at multiple destinations to find clues. The creativity is endless and could introduce the family to new places. There could even be a treasure chest of prizes at the final destination!
- Watch A Movie. If your boat has a power supply, you can watch a movie with a projector. It’s a fun way to wind down at the end of the day. Hang a white sheet between some trees or on a stand, and set the projector at the bow of the boat. You might want to stay away from movies like Jaws or The Perfect Storm though.
- Get A Slide. Slides provide entertainment for people of all ages. If some are hesitant to wakeboard or water ski, this a great alternative that gets everyone involved in the water. They work best with pontoon boats.
- Pick A DJ. If your boat has Bluetooth capability or speakers, designate someone in your crew to be in charge of the play lists. You can take turns or pick one person to take the lead all day. Music can be played straight from a phone. Remember: only the DJ can pick the songs! To get creative, email or text your friends a few days before the outing and ask for their top three songs.
- Bring A Big Tube. This one shouldn’t be a surprise, but since tubes are always a big hit, they have to be included in this list! Sometimes tubing can be intimidating if only one person can go at a time, so get a bigger one that accommodate several people. Kids will get more excited if they can go on the tube with their friends or an adult. Remember, you don’t have to always go fast to have fun.
Whenever you’re enjoying time on the water with your family, let us know by tagging us on social media! Follow us: Facebook: @SeaTow, Twitter @SeaTow, Instagram @Sea_Tow. We can’t wait to see your summer fun!