With more than 100 franchise locations spread across the United States, Europe, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico, getting captains all in the same place can be a bit of a challenge, but that doesn’t stop us from trying! Each year, Sea Tow Services International holds its Annual Meeting, where captains from all throughout the vast Sea Tow network converge on one location to network, talk shop and catch up on all the latest news.
This year, we met at the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort in Orlando, right at the heart of beautiful Disney Springs. While the 2018 Annual Meeting was a chance for our captains to meet their colleagues, vendors and others within the towing and salvage industry, perhaps the highlight of the week’s festivities was the Annual Awards Luncheon, where countless awards were handed out to captains throughout our network for things like milestones, anniversaries and simply going above and beyond the call of duty.
A few of the most notable award recipients can be found below:
- Sea Tow Franchise of the Year – awarded to the franchise that most exemplifies Sea Tow’s high standards of service and operation – was presented to Sea Tow Key Largo (Fla.), owned by Captain Steven and Cheryl Powers.
- The Georgia Frohnhoefer Award – named after Sea Tow’s Executive Vice President Georgia Frohnhoefer and honoring an outstanding woman in the Sea Tow network each year – was presented to Kim Royal of Sea Tow Horseshoe Beach (Fla.).
- Sea Tow Rookie of the Year – which recognizes the top performing new Sea Tow franchise – went to Sea Tow Southcentral Alaska.
- The Sea Tow Foundation Hero Award – presented to the franchisee who most exemplifies the Foundation’s mission to promote boating safety – went to Sea Tow Portland Mid-Coast (Maine). Captains Bruce White and Matt Wilder together have made a difference in their region this year with expanding the reach of all the Foundation programs.
- The Sea Tow Shipmate Award – presented to the franchise owner who most exemplifies enthusiasm, supportive attitude and willingness to help fellow franchises – was presented to Captain Will Beck, owner of Sea Tow Palm Beach (Fla.).
- The first-ever Captain Joe Frohnhoefer Visionary Award – presented to the captain who most exemplifies vision for the future as did Capt. Joe, founder of Sea Tow – was presented to Captain John McLaughlin, owner of Sea Tow Atlantic City (N.J.) and Sea Tow Marco Island (Fla.).
With so many great captains at the helm of franchises all throughout the country, it was far from an easy task to pick this year’s winners, but we couldn’t be prouder of each of this year’s award recipients. These men and women exemplify everything it means to be a Sea Tow captain and pilot our distinctive yellow boats each and every day.
“Our 2018 award winners all exceeded the goals we set for the Sea Tow network as a whole: outstanding customer service, the best business practices, boating safety advocacy and involvement in the local community,” our president, Kristen Frohnhoefer, said. “Our congratulations go to all of them, as well as to their Sea Tow Captains and support teams back home.”
Have one of this year’s award winners helped you or your friends and family? Share your story in the comments below!