Last month, Sea Tow teams from all over the country connected virtually for the 2020 Sea Tow Annual Meeting. Despite not being able to convene in person, the annual meeting was a great opportunity for our captains to come together and support one another. Sea Tow recognized the incredible efforts so many of our captains have given during their work over the past 12 months.
On Wednesday, November 18, Sea Tow leadership hosted the annual awards ceremony to recognize several captains and staff for outstanding customer service and operations, dedication to boating safety, and more.
This year’s award winners included:
- Sea Tow Franchise of the Year – awarded to the franchise that most exemplifies Sea Tow’s high standards of service and operation – was presented to Sea Tow Southcentral Alaska owners Capt. Trey and Alyssa Hill. (Alaska)
- The Georgia Frohnhoefer Award – named after Sea Tow’s Executive Vice President Georgia Frohnhoefer and honoring an outstanding woman in the Sea Tow network each year – was presented to Liz McMillin, manager of Sea Tow Galveston Bay. (Texas)
- Sea Tow Rookie of the Year – which recognizes the top performing new Sea Tow franchisee – went to two individuals: Sea Tow Islamorada, Sea Tow Lower Keys and Sea Tow Key West owner Capt. Chris G. Ward and Sea Tow Clearwater/Port Richey owner Capt. Patrick Lamb. (Florida)
- The Sea Tow Foundation Hero Award – presented to the franchise who most exemplifies the Sea Tow Foundation’s mission to promote boating safety – went to Sea Tow Venice (Florida), owned by the Marcum family, Craig, Charlotte and Cameron Marcum.
- The Sea Tow Shipmate Award – presented to the franchise owner who most exemplifies enthusiasm, supportive attitude and willingness to help fellow franchisees – was presented to Capt. Jim Givens, owner of Sea Tow Savannah and Sea Tow St. Catherines. (Georgia)
- The Captain Joe Frohnhoefer Visionary Award – presented to who most exemplifies the vision of Capt. Joe Frohnhoefer, the founder of Sea Tow – was presented to Capt. Ramsey Chason, owner of two Sea Tow franchises in New England: Rhode Island and Cape & Islands.
- The Public Relations Champion Award – an award recognizing the franchise that best utilized PR and marketing practices to promote the Sea Tow brand – was presented to Sea Tow Portland/Midcoast by Captain Matt Wilder and Captain Bruce White.
“Whether it’s outstanding customer service, the best business practices, boating safety advocacy or involvement in the local community, this year’s award winners exceeded the expectations we set for the Sea Tow network as a whole,” said Sea Tow President Kristen Frohnhoefer. “We want to congratulate them, as well as their Sea Tow captains and support teams back home. The year 2020 will go down in history for many things, but the success of our network be possible without everyone that proudly wears Sea Tow yellow.”