For your convenience Sea Tow Foundation offers both EPIRBs and PLBs for rent. Which one to choose?
An EPIRB is registered to a vessel, is larger, designed to be mounted on the boat or as a part of your ditch bag, and will transmit the distress message longer than a PLB.
A PLB is registered to a person, is smaller, and intended to be worn or carried.
Rent an EPIRB or PLB Today – It’s easy!
- Click “Rent Beacon Now” button, select the beacon you want, then fill in rental form.
- Sea Tow Foundation contacts you directly to review details
- You receive the beacon
- Go Boating!
Rent Beacon Now
- Plan ahead and reserve your beacon two or more weeks before you need it.
- Save the shipping box the beacon arrives in to return it when you are done.
- Beacons rent for one week or more
- EPIRB rent for $65 a week + shipping
- PLB rent for $45 a week + shipping
- Beacons ship to you from Southold, New York using UPS 3-day Parcel Select and include a return shipping label. 1 and 2-day shipping to you available for an additional cost during check out.
- Late returns will be charged one week rental fee starting two weekdays past rental end date.
- No returns will be charged full value of unit replacement cost starting three weekdays past rental end date.
- Extension requests during voyage may incur late fees.
- Damage to unit, aside from use, will be charged accordingly.
- The use of beacons for this program are intended for recreational marine use rather than camping, general aviation, hiking, skiing, or use aboard commercial vessels.